About the Hotel
Set in the spectacular surrounds of Paro, the beautiful Zhiwa Ling Hotel is the perfect base from which to explore this destination.
- Here, elaborate hand-carved wooden cornices and masterful stonework meet cutting-edge telecommunication systems and Swedish under-floor heating – a lovely juxtaposition of traditional and new. Enjoy one of just 45 elegantly appointed rooms, with lovely ensuite facilities, and guest areas that include a magnificent Tea House, meditation house and two restaurants that specialise in contemporary international cuisine and classic Bhutanese dishes.
- Unwind after a successful day of sightseeing with a soul-soothing treatment at the first-class spa or swap stories of your day’s adventures with a pre-dinner drink at the popular Mad Monk Bar. Be sure to visit the hotel’s magnificent temple, set on the second floor. The temple was built to honour the spiritual heritage of this ancient Buddhist kingdom and was made with 450-year-old timbers from the famous Gangtey Monastery, the crowning glory of this new cultural landmark.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Guest safety:Even though the Hotel is cordoned off, we request that our guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Languages: Dzonkha.
- Currency:Indian rupee/ US Dollars.
Flight Arrangements Flight arrangements are done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. We do not charge any service fees for arranging flights, please enquire with our reservations office regarding updated flight schedules and the charter companies we work with in those areas.
Zhiwa Ling is truly one of those places you have to experience to understand its true beauty, so many people we have recommended this paradise have come back with raving reviews and intentions to return The Akeibo Team