About the Hotel
Boasting sweeping views of the mountains that rise above Thimphu valley, Taj Tashi Thimphu features a spectacular blend of Bhutan’s traditional fort-monastery architecture with the ultimate in modern design.
- Boasting classical hand-drawn murals with a Buddhist theme, 66 elegant rooms and suites are decorated with colourful regional art. Elegant, expansive and luxuriously appointed, the rooms feature panoramic windows that offer tantalising glimpses of pine-covered slopes and fluttering prayer flags. The Jiva Spa offers signature treatments based on traditional Indian healing therapies and offered in treatment rooms decorated in wood and marble and equipped with hot stone treatment tubs. Guests can tantalise their taste buds with a range of culinary experiences that combine fiery Bhutanese cuisine with Tibetan and European influences.
- The hotel offers a choice between four bars and restaurants, each themed according to a different aspect of Bhutan’s vibrant culture. Decorated with gold leaf paintings and musical instruments, Chig-ja-gye restaurant specialises in traditional Bhutanese cuisine, while The Thongsel is an informal all-day eatery that serves light European or Bhutanese meals. Guests can sample Bhutan’s distinctive salted butter tea at Rimps tea lounge or indulge in a cocktail at the well-stocked Ara bar.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Guest safety:Even though the lodge is cordoned off, we request that our guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Currency:Bhutanese ngultrum or Indian rupee is accepted/ US Dollars.
Flight Arrangements Flight arrangements are service free and done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. Charter flight companies into various destinations differ depending on the destination, please enquire with our reservations office regarding updated flight schedules and the charter companies we work with in those areas..
It was indeed memorable to stay at Taj Tashi, Bhutan. Of almost 50 five star hotels I stayed in different time, I will keep this hotel among the top few. The room was spacious, view was splendid, service superb, food good and the ambiance was awesome