About the Camp
Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma is built on a dramatic bend of the Zambezi River in the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park, twelve kilometres upstream from the world-famous Victoria Falls.
Named after Dr. David Livingstone’s faithful friends Sussi and Chuma, the lodge is located in one of the most beautiful parts of the Zambezi amidst Jackalberry trees and Phoenix palms, providing unrivalled views and exclusivity. Accommodation is in twelve Sussi tree-houses, connected by wooden walkways. There are also two private Chuma houses, each with two bedrooms.
- SUSSI TREE HOUSES: Twelve luxury tree houses are built into the canopy of majestic ebony trees lining the river bank. The air-conditioned rooms all with their own private viewing deck boast superb views over the white waters of the Zambezi. And if the fancy takes you, enjoy a private dinner on your deck, while the sounds of the bush provide enchanting background music./li>
- CHUMA HOUSES:The two private Chuma Houses are perfect for families with young children. Each house has two en suite bedrooms, a spacious lounge and dining area and private plunge pool. Each of the houses also come with their own private chef and house staff.
- Built on two levels, the main lodge consists of an elevated bar, superb wine cellar, lounge and open air dining area, curio shop and swimming pool. Full English and continental breakfast is served and high tea is available on request. The elegant shaded deck offers fantastic bird’s eye views across the river. And last but not least, when all the excitement of the day has caught up, a revitalising spa treatment is the order of the day.
- Located on a quiet bend of the Zambezi River within Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park.
- 12 kilometres upstream from Victoria Falls in a remote location away from crowds.
- Boutique property catering for individuals, couples and families.
- Only lodge in the area able to offer guided walking safaris.
- Established philanthropy project at Nakatindi Village.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Guest safety:Even though the camp is fenced off, we request that our guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Children:No children under the age of 9.
- Currency:Zambian Kwacha/ US Dollars.
Flight Arrangements Flight arrangements are done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. We do not charge a service fee for flight arrangements. Please consult our reservations for more information.
We spent 2 nights at the luxurious Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma lodge in Livingstone, Zambia. It was such an amazing experience and the staff and service was absolutely top class! I can highly recommend this property to anyone wanting to visit them.