About the Camp
Perched on an escarpment overlooking a floodplain in the South Luangwa National Park, Sanctuary Puku Ridge Camp offers stunning vistas with perfect game sighting opportunities.
The panoramic views of Sanctuary Puku Ridge Camp are astounding. Built on a hillside, it provides stunning vistas of the floodplain. Lying nestled in a remote game-rich area of the park, lion, leopard, elephant and zebra can frequently be seen. The camp has been constructed to blend into the local surroundings and designed to leave the lowest possible carbon footprint.
- Each of the seven safari tents has picture windows and its own viewing deck overlooking the plains where game amble across for a drink of water. Generous and comfortable, each tent has an en suite bathroom with bath tub and shower, as well as an outdoor shower shaded by forest, all stocked with environmentally friendly products for your pure indulgence. Watch the sun rise from your double bed, elephants bathing from the comfort of your bath tub, perhaps even wild dogs making
their way across the plains in pursuit of prey from your private viewing deck.
- Afternoons are spent relaxing in the camp’s large living area in between game actvities. Listen out for the Puku antelope whistling to one other when there is danger in the air. When evening arrives, make your way to the central dining area for a delectable gourmet meal in the bush, or order dinner on your own private deck for a romantic night under the stars.
- Location, location, location! The camp is located on the edge of an escarpment in a private location in the South Luangwa.
- Incredible game viewing from the main areas as well as guest tents.
- Oversized safari tents, all with indoor and outdoor showers.
- Endemic species: Thornicroft’s giraffe and Crawshay’s zebra.
- Night game drives,Incredible leopard sightings.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Guest safety:Even though the camp is fenced off, we request that our guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Currency:Zambian Kwacha/ US Dollars.
Flight Arrangements Flight arrangements are done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. We do not charge a service fee for flight arrangements. Please consult our reservations for more information.
We had a wonderful stay from the friendly welcome to the sad farewell. Don and his team were always happy to go the extra mile to make our stay perfect.