About the Sanctuary
Sanctuary Masai Mara Seasonal Camp is set on the banks of the Mara River and offers guests a traditional safari. This unique type of safari camp allows for a cherished bush experience without leaving a lasting footprint on the environment; while experiencing the Great Migration.
This small and intimate tented camp is open from the end of June to the end of October each year and offers guests a front row seat to the Great Migration in Kenya.
- This shared seasonal camp is located in a private concession and offers nine safari tents, furnished in a style fit for Ernest Hemingway and with all of the comforts of a permanent tented camp; making this the ideal location for the ultimate safari. Each spacious tent has comfortable furniture and handwoven rugs. The tents include a fully flushing, ceramic toilet and running water. There are also powered bedside reading lamps and an overhead light. The large entrance of the tent creates a perfect view and special netting is fitted to allow the breeze to pass through.
- The main tent offers a dining area and lounge with comfortable sofas as well as a small library where lazy afternoons may be spent.A personal tent attendant will make sure that the cotton sheets on the large, comfortable beds are crisp and that a hot water bottle is slipped beneath the duvet on a chilly night. Your tent attendant will be on hand to ensure that the bucket shower is mixed to the perfect temperature at whatever time of day or night it is required. On the verandah are two director’s chairs and a table to relax and enjoy a drink, catch up with a book or watch the animals grazing nearby.
- Located on a private concession bordering the epic Masai Mara.
- The camp is operational during the annual Wildebeest Migration.
- Easily accessible, only a 45 minute flight from Nairobi.
- Offers an array of activities including game drives, cultural visits, bush dinners, sundowners, balloon flights and scenic flights.
- Developed conservation and community projects.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Children:The Sanctuary is suitable for Family.
- Guest safety:The lodge is not fenced off and we request guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Currency:Kenyan shilling, US Dollars.
- Game Drives
- Cultural visits to the Maasai villages
- Nature walks including a vista to the local schools.
Where it is.
Flight Arrangements Flight arrangements are service free and done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. Charter flight companies into various destinations differ depending on the destination, please enquire with our reservations office regarding updated flight schedules and the charter companies we work with in those areas.
In the morning you are delivered a tray of coffee/tea/chocolate with biscuits before you go to breakfast, which was a lovely choice of eggs cooked to order with bacon, sausages, etc ,cereals and fresh fruits – just what you need before a long day on safari.