About the Lodge
The magnificent historic game lodge set in amongst lush primeval forest provides panoramic views across the game-rich valleys of South Luangwa National Park.
On a magnificent hilltop location in the South Luangwa National Park, Sanctuary Chichele Presidential Lodge was once the personal retreat of Zambian President Kenneth Kaunda.
- HISTORIC HILLTOP LODGE:Sanctuary Chichele Presidential Lodge was originally built for Kenneth Kaunda, the former Zambian president, in the 1970s. This historic property was recently carefully restored to maintain the original colonial style. A majestic arched entrance leads you into a huge colonial-style lounge and outside the grand dining room, a long veranda stretches with views down the valley to the Luangwa River. The main area features a comfortable lounge, intimate fireplace and bar area.
- ELEGANT SUITES: ELEGANT SUITES:In keeping with the grand colonial style of the lodge, the suites are decorated in the same understated elegance of years gone by. In the ten Victorian-style rooms, the large french windows offer a light, airy feel to the suites and open onto private terraces overlooking the valley – the ideal vantage point to relax and enjoy the wildlife. Air-conditioning, plush furnishings, a four-poster bed, and a luxurious bathroom can make you forget you’re in the bush. The lodge also features an interconnecting room – perfect for families./li>
- This historic property, once the personal retreat of President Kenneth Kaunda of Zambia, has a magnificent hilltop location in Zambia’s South Luangwa.
- Day and night game drives, bush walks along the Mara River or Oloololo Escarpment.
- Early morning Hot air ballooning available daily.
- Perfect for Wildlife enthusiasts, first time and repeat travellers, nature lovers, photographers and birders.
- Breath-taking views of the Masai Mara.
- In the foothills of the scenic Oloololo escarpment, the rim of the Great Rift Valley Seasonal views of the great migration, including river crossing.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Guest safety:Even though the camp is fenced off, we request that our guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Currency:Zambian Kwacha/ US Dollars.
Flight Arrangements Flight arrangements are done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. We do not charge a service fee for flight arrangements. Please consult our reservations for more information.
This is a place that really knows how to make you feel like you’re in the lap of luxury. We stayed three nights. There was a teeny hitch with our pick-up at the airport, which we were able to sort out just fine and probably delayed our arrival by all of 20 minutes, and they gave us a free chilled bottle of white wine