About the Lodge
&Beyond Phinda Rock Lodge looks out over its own lush valley, like a small private castle, amidst a tangle of wild African sights and sounds. The suites of this intimate and romantic lodge cling dramatically to steep cliffs with views across the valley.
When you first set eyes on the ochre walls of &Beyond Phinda Rock Lodge clinging to the cliff face you’ll need a second look to realise you haven’t arrived at a Mexican hacienda. While the rugged adobe-style building wouldn’t be out of place in a desert pueblo, the lush bushveld vegetation and the wildlife dotted on the surrounding slopes leave you in no doubt that you’re in the middle of Africa.
- With only six suites carved into the rocky hillside, you’ll feel you’re part of an elite tribe of rock dwellers suspended in a cosy hideout that offers complete seclusion from the world below
- Rooms, 12 guests maximum.
- Elevated over the valley below, the cliff-top suites provide an intimate, cosy space in a dramatic setting with an eagle’s eye view of the reserve. Snuggled high above the surrounding panorama, your closest neighbour is likely to be an inquisitive spotted genet paying you a friendly visit on the dining deck.
- Swimming pool with Mara plain views. Guests can also escape to the massage room to indulge in a relaxing treatment or browse the redesigned Safari Shop which offers the finest Kenyan handcrafts to take home as memorabilia.
- Day and night game drives, walking safari and river cruises.
- Perched high on a rocky cliffside with panoramic views over Leopard Rock
- Phinda Adventures – Zulu village tours, Maputaland beach adventures, night turtle drives, scuba safaris, black rhino tracking on foot, visits to endangered wild cats project, swimming with whale sharks, whale watching
- Specialist Safaris – birding, photographic, rhino capture and research, tracking, walking, family and private safaris.
- Perfect for Honeymooners, couples, romantic or private getaways.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Guest safety:Even though the camp is fenced off, we request that our guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Currency:SA Rand/ US Dollars.
Flight ArrangementsFlight arrangements are service free and done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. Charter flight companies into various destinations differ depending on the destination, please enquire with our reservations office regarding updated flight schedules and the charter companies we work with in those areas.
We stayed at the Phinda Rock Lodge for 4 nights (booked 4 and paid for 3). The service was beyond anything you can imagine. You are looked after in a very friendly way from arrival till departure