About the Lodge
They say that people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones and that is certainly true at &Beyond Phinda Forest Lodge.
Our designers have created a calming atmosphere of Zulu Zen. And there’s no need to worry about the privacy of your retreat – in spite of the floor to ceiling glass walls, the towering torchwood trees and fertile forest floor that surround your suite ensure a sense of seclusion.
- Set in rare and beautiful sand forest, the glass walls of &Beyond Phinda Forest Lodge offer a sweeping view of one of the most unique ecosystems on the planet. &Beyond Phinda Forest Lodge is one of the world’s first eco-designed luxury lodges. Floor to ceiling windows invite the forest in but the dense canopy provides privacy.The dainty forms of dwarf forest antelope dart among and below the suites, raised on stilts to float between the sandy forest floor and the leafy canopy above. Waking up to rustling forest sounds and bird song, surrounded by delicate leaf-filtered light, a pervading sense of peace and calm will set the tone for your entire day.”
- 16 Rooms, 32 guests maximum.
- Specialist Safaris – birding, photographic, rhino capture and research, tracking, walking, family and private safaris.
- Phinda Adventures – Zulu village tours, Maputaland beach adventures, night turtle drives, scuba safaris, black rhino tracking on foot, swimming with whale sharks, whale watching.
- Contemporary Zulu Zen style; secluded bliss, tucked away from the rest of the world.
- Tiny duiker and suni antelope graze between and under the stilted glass suites
- Sensitively constructed in rare sand forest.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Guest safety:Even though the camp is fenced off, we request that our guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Currency:SA Rand/ US Dollars.
Flight Arrangements Flight arrangements are service free and done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. Charter flight companies into various destinations differ depending on the destination, please enquire with our reservations office regarding updated flight schedules and the charter companies we work with in those areas..
Having spent 3 nights at Phinda Forest Lodge it has been one of the best experiences I have ever had. The accommodation, food, organisation, and without a doubt the game drives will have happy memories for years to come