About the Camp
Perched on the edge of the Kuka Hills, Klein’s Camp boasts magnificent views of an exclusive wilderness concession that borders the vast Serengeti plains. Guests enjoy exceptional game viewing, thrilling night game drives, Maasai culture and old-fashioned safari luxury.
With unbroken views over a gorgeous game-filled valley and the hills beyond, which play host to one of the greatest wildlife migrations on earth, &Beyond Klein’s Camp embodies the very soul of the Serengeti.This private and remote camp offers guests the spirit of wild Africa – wooded hillsides, rolling grasslands and forested river banks all teeming with the rich wildlife of this natural sanctuary lie sprawled at your feet. Set in a landscape that is gentle yet rugged, &Beyond Klein’s Camp reflects the heart of this untamed land with a vintage safari style.
- Perched on the edge of the Kuka Hills, Klein’s Camp boasts magnificent views of an exclusive wilderness concession that borders the vast Serengeti plains.
- With just ten thatched stone cottages, Klein’s Camp is both personal and intimate. Whitewashed walls and rich wooden floors, combined with soft cream furnishings, create a calm and soothing refuge. Inspired by the breathtaking natural backdrop, relax on your private veranda with a pair of binoculars or indulge your inner artist with a sketch book. When night falls, snuggle down in your canopied bed and listen to the sounds of Africa unfold around you.
- Set just below the crest of the Kuka Hills, Klein’s Camp overlooks the vital corridor linking the Serengeti and the Masai Mara. Twice a year, the valleys below are filled with a jostling throng of zebra and wildebeest. Sweeping views of the surrounding valleys and hills provide hours of endless entertainment, with resident giraffe and elephant often spotted moving leisurely on the nearby slopes.
- Boasting one of the finest views in Africa, even the swimming pool at Klein’s Camp overlooks smoky views of distant hills. The stone interiors of the guest areas open up to breathtaking panoramas, with open fireplaces to keep the chill away. Stone floors and deep leather armchairs invite you to while away the hours, with bound tomes and classic African memorabilia for company. Fine linen, silver and china sparkle in the candlelight in the open dining area.
- Panoramic views over the Serengeti and the Masai Mara.
- Within reach of the annual Great Wildebeest Migration.
- 10 000 hectare (24 700 acre) exclusive wilderness concession in the Serengeti, therefore permitting off-road driving, bush walks and night drives.
- Sensitive off-road driving techniques allow for close wildlife sightings.
- Exclusive game drives with limited number of vehicles.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Guest safety:Even though the camp is fenced off, we request that our guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Languages:English/ Swahili.
- Currency:Tanzanian shilling.
Flight Arrangements Flight arrangements are service free and done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. Charter flight companies into various destinations differ depending on the destination, please enquire with our reservations office regarding updated flight schedules and the charter companies we work with in those areas.
Kleins is our sixth safari camp/lodge and one of our favorites. Our room was well designed, private and had a fantastic view. The rest of the lodge was equally beautiful. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating