About the Camp
Known as Kenya’s best loved safari camp, Kichwa Tembo is renowned for its gracious teams of Kenyan staff whose warm welcome, charming service and effortless energy delight guests from all over the world.
Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp offers a quintessential game viewing experience, with wide vistas of the Masai Mara or the Sabaringo River. Located where the riverine forest meets the sweeping plains in the path of the awe-inspiring Great Migration, the camp provides an authentic dose of African wildlife, delivered with legendary Kenyan hospitality. Enhancing its signature elements of romance and nostalgia, the camp has been redesigned to better showcase its panoramic Masai Mara views. With timeless interiors that are simple yet contemporary and stylish, the new Kichwa Tembo enhances guests’ senses of privacy and enjoyment.
- 40 Tents suited to accomodate 80 guests. Should Parents wish to share a room with younger children, the lodge is able to accommodate a limited number of triple rooms, where an additional bed is set up in the parents’ room for children 16 years or younger
- 28 superior safari tents uniquely set-up to allow guests to enjoy the majestic African landscapes.All tents are equipped with Mosquito nets
- 12 Luxury tents comprising of Classic safari interiors illuminated by soft lantern light.
- Swimming pool with Mara plain views. Guests can also escape to the massage room to indulge in a relaxing treatment or browse the redesigned Safari Shop which offers the finest Kenyan handcrafts to take home as memorabilia.
- Day and night game drives, bush walks along the Mara River or Oloololo Escarpment.
- Early morning Hot air ballooning available daily.
- Perfect for Wildlife enthusiasts, first time and repeat travellers, nature lovers, photographers and birders.
- Breath-taking views of the Masai Mara.
- In the foothills of the scenic Oloololo escarpment, the rim of the Great Rift Valley Seasonal views of the great migration, including river crossing.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Children:Suitable for all ages.
- Guest safety:Even though the camp is fenced off, we request that our guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Languages:English & Swahili.
- Currency:Kenyan Shilling/ US Dollars.
- Masai Mara Balloon Safari
- Bush Dinners and Bush Breakfasts
- Maasai Dance, Cultural Visits and Village Visits
- Night game drives
Flight Arrangements Flight arrangements are service free and done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. Charter flight companies into various destinations differ depending on the destination, please enquire with our reservations office regarding updated flight schedules and the charter companies we work with in those areas
Kichwa is truly one of those places you have to experience to understand its true beauty, so many people we have recommended this paradise have come back with raving reviews and intentions to return
James Maposa (Akeibo Director)