About the Hotel
Combining graciousness with contemporary chic, the Hotel Zum Kaiser features 21 custom-designed suites in the historic heart of Swakopmund.
Hotel Zum Kaiser boasts front-facing suites with private balconies that overlook the elegant buildings and offer partial views of the Atlantic Ocean. Fresh colour schemes and décor reflect the beauty and charm of Swakopmund.Guests can look forward to superb meals accompanied by excellent wines or locally brewed beers at Zum Kaiser restaurant.Alternatively, the rooftop Sunset @ Boutique Hotel is the best place in town to relax and enjoy a sundowner whole watching the spectacular sight of the sun setting over the Atlantic Ocean. Nearby adventures include skydiving, sand boarding, fishing, birdwatching, quad biking, day trips into the Namib Desert, cultural tours and historical excursions.
- Accommodation at Camp Moremi is in 11 East African styled tents with private hot showers and flushing toilets. Camp Moremi accommodates only 22 safari guests in beautifully furnished East African style safari tents with private facilities..
- Location, location, location — situated in the middle of sleeping beauty, the local’s nickname for Swakopmund, this intimate boutique hotel offers direct access to the city’s vibrant street life, quaint architecture, shopping, fine dining and long walks on the beach.
- While away the late afternoon hours at Sunset @ Boutique Hotel, where you can enjoy your favourite cocktail as you take in a spectacular sunset over the Atlantic Ocean.
- Indulge your taste buds in local delicacies from plump oysters to game dishes and the Austrian speciality dessert pancakes known as Kaiserschmarn at the Zum Kaiser restaurant.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Children:Children over the age of 6 years are welcome. Families with children aged 6-11 will be required to book private activities at an additional cost, the nature of which may be subject to the discretion of the managers or guides.Should a family consist of two or more children, parents will need to split up and share with children in separate tents.There are no family units available therefore one child under the age of 12 years can share with 2 adults (and a separate camper bed will be placed in the tent).
- Guest safety:The lodge is not fenced off and we request guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Currency:Botswana Pula/ US Dollars.
- Swakopmund has a wide range of activities to choose from, for more information contact the duty managers or the receptionist at Hotel Zum Kaiser to discuss the different options and allow us to book your activity for you.
Where it is.
Flight Arrangements Flight arrangements are service free and done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. Charter flight companies into various destinations differ depending on the destination, please enquire with our reservations office regarding updated flight schedules and the charter companies we work with in those areas.
First, full disclosure – this was our first night in a hotel after three nights camping. Hotel Zum Kaiser was wonderfully welcoming, even to a group of five very dusty travelers. They even dusted off our bags before taking them to our rooms! .