About the Hotel
Thanks to its prime location on Tibidabo’s Hill, the Gran Hotel La Florida 5 * GL is regarded as one of the top urban luxury resorts in the city. Ideal choice for those who wish to enjoy all that Barcelona offers in a unique setting of relaxation. Located just 20 minutes driving to the city center, either by taxi or free shuttle service provided by the Hotel. The Gran Hotel La Florida provides Guests with the opportunity to experience a Mediterranean lifestyle in which luxury, history and design blend together seamlessly. , Our fantastic location offers not only spectacular views but also an oasis of peace away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- 70 gorgeous guest rooms featuring Art Nouveau style inspired decorations with oak wood floors, creamy colors and luxurious and modern furniture and fittings. There are huge Deluxe rooms, terraces facing the city and seaside, as well as Junior Suites with separate living areas. The 8 Design Suites, some of them offering the possibility to enjoy an outdoor jacuzzi on the private terrace area, are decorated by internationally acclaimed artists such as Dale Keller, Rebecca Horn and Cristina Macaya. All guest rooms feature generously-sized marble bathrooms with in-floor heating and separated shower and bathtub.
- 24h Reception and Concierge
- Valet parking
- Wheelchair access
- Multilingual staff
- Paid Parking
- High-speed Internet and free WI-FI in all public areas
- Domestic and international newspapers available to our guests
- Spa by L’Occitane and 4 treatment rooms (one double).
- Sauna, steam room, pressure showers and Jacuzzi.
- Stainless steel pool, indoor / outdoor, heated, 37 meters long.
- 24h fitness center
- Babysitting and special activities for children (on request)
- 24h Room Service
- Laundry service
- Visit Gran Hotel La Florida for a lunch, a dinner or a drink in a privileged location. You can enjoy a relaxing beverage in the Lobby Lounge, rediscover the Catalan, Spanish and Mediterranean gastronomy in the Restaurant L´Orangerie, or savor a refreshing cocktail by the pool in The TB Bar.We offer tempting options of refined gastronomy in Barcelona. Each one of the three gastronomic proposals at Gran Hotel La Florida is designed to satisfy the senses through exquisite cuisine and some stunning scenarios. And everything takes places 500 meters above the hustle and bustle of the city.
Gran Hotel La Florida History
- Maintaining its legendary view over Barcelona since 1924, Gran Boutique Hotel La Florida meant the realisation of the dream of one man, Doctor Andreu, who wanted to build the best hotel in Barcelona at the best site in the city, constructing an emblematic building, full of style.
However, as with so many other buildings and monuments, the hotel suffered the consequences of the civil war and it was used as a military hospital during the conflict. It would not be re-born as a hotel until 1950, when it became a spot that was beloved by Barcelona high society, especially as a summer residence for well-to-do Catalan families.
In subsequent years, Ernest Hemingway, James Stewart, George Sanders, Rock Hudson, Princess Fabiola and the prince of Belgium stayed at the prestigious hotel. But in 1979, La Florida succumbed to the passing of time and it closed its doors. This boutique hotel of Barcelona was rescued in 2001 thanks to a meticulous renovation that lasted for four years.
Today, at the Gran Hotel La Florida, wrought iron and antique tapestry are combined gracefully with stainless steel and glass. In the same way, the hotel has a wide range of services; such as a the restaurant “L’Orangerie”, the “Café 1925”, the “TB Bar” with live relaxing music on the swimming pool terrace, a Spa by L’Occitane, gymnasium and hairdressing service amongst others.
As can be observed just by looking at the building, one of the main goals of the renovation was, as far as possible, to gain back the original decorative and structural elements, and this traditional architecture blends with modern design. In this way, this has again made the Gran Hotel La Florida an authentic icon of hostelry of Barcelona and one of the most prestigious boutique hotels in Spain..
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Children:Suitable for the whole family.
- Guest safety:Safe,as with all travel we request that our guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- High speed internet and free WI-FI
- Egyptian cotton sheets and feather pillows (anti-allergic foam pillows on request)
- Plasma TV 37 ” with interactive entertainment service (internet, movies, radio, games)
- Marble bathrooms featuring hairdryer, magnifying mirror, bathrobe, slippers, towels and L’Occitane amenities.
- Bathrobe and slippers available for children
- Custom cradles
Flight Arrangements Flight arrangements are done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. We do not charge a serve fee for flight arrangements. Please consult our reservations for more information.
Absolutely stunning Hotel. Ive had the privilege of actually doing a site inspection of this hotel and I was blown away. Highlight for me is the fact that they are “pet friendly”, how cool is that?. So many of our travellers these days want that added luxury of taking their pets along for the shared getaway experience.
Irene Rizzin (Akeibo Director)