About the Resort
Cocoa Island by COMO is an intimate private Maldives island resort with 33 overwater suites allowing you to slip right into the turquoise lagoon to explore an exceptional house reef. Encircled with powder white sand, the carefree, understated luxury experience includes holistic wellness treatments at COMO Shambhala Retreat, South Indian-influenced cuisine and worldclass diving.
- Simple yet sophisticated, contemporary yet indigenous, and always deliberately restrained—Cocoa Island by COMO is a gently cosseting Maldives luxury hotel that reflects the archipelago’s serene soul.The style and design of our 33 overwater suites and villas are like that of no other luxury resort in the Maldives. Uniquely inspired by dhoni boats—the gently curving wooden vessels used by local fishermen—Cocoa Island’s rooms arc out from the island itself. Simple wooden walkways built above the shallow lagoon connect them, forming a sinuous boardwalk pathway.
Each room has its own private terrace, all the better for slipping into the warm Maldivian sea, right from your room. The view from the wide platform is directly out to the watery expanse and horizon. Interiors are dominated by whites and blues, with only the subtlest nod to a certain local rustic aesthetic.
- Among Maldives beach resorts, our eight split-level suites stand out for the generous indoor seating area with a Balinese day-bed, large bathroom and private terrace allowing for easy access to the lagoon’s warm waters. Light floods in, the ‘dhoni’-style boat design—the suite doesn’t float but is rather fixed to the lagoon—making you feel as if it’s just you and the sea.
Size: 75m2 / 807 sq.ft.
Private sundeck with loungers and dining table
Bathtub and separate shower stall
Air conditioning and antique colonial ceiling fan
Mini bar and snacks
Coffee/tea making facilities (Nespresso machine)
42” LCD/plasma satellite TV
In room safe
International direct dial telephone
WiFi Internet access
- COMO Shambhala Retreat
Discover the calming spirit of our Maldives spa resort at COMO Shambhala Retreat where we offer holistic, Asian-inspired treatments including Ayurveda.
We have an open-air pavilion for yoga, four treatment rooms (including one for couples), plus separate male and female steam rooms and a large hydrotherapy pool. We also offer a series of ‘Wellness Paths.’ these well-priced groups of treatments addresssing specific needs such as purification and stress.
- Our staff at Cocoa Island by COMO bring a uniquely personal approach to event planning in the Maldives, both for weddings and all manner of other celebrations.
A special place where memories are created and friends and family reunited, Cocoa Island provides this highly customised level of service combined with gourmet culinary offerings, all in the most secluded of private island environments.We can arrange the entire event (including an island buy-out) from flowers to music and a seafood feast on the edge of the lagoon..
- Perfect for Wildlife enthusiasts, first time and repeat travellers, nature lovers, photographers and birders.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Guest safety:Even though the resort is fenced off, we request that our guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Languages:Dhivehi language.
- Currency:Maldivian rufiyaa.
Flight ArrangementsFlight arrangements are done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. We do not charge any service fees for arranging flights, please enquire with our reservations office regarding updated flight schedules and the charter companies we work with in those areas..
This is our first time visit Maldives – Cocoa Island, it’s beautiful like a picture but it’s real!!! We have a great experience on snorkeling, a lot of lovely fishes surrounding us. We love the baby sharks, they swam very close to us while we were walking along the beach.