About the Camp
Botswana’s magnificent Okavango Delta, the world’s largest inland delta, is a maze of deep lagoons, large lakes and hidden, meandering channels. During the annual flood season the Delta covers a vast area of over 16,000 km² before shrinking to less than 9,000 km² in the dry season. Trapped in a basin of parched Kalahari Desert sand, the fresh water oasis attracts wildlife that depends on the permanent waters of this unique environment.
Camp Okavango, an enchanting and authentic African safari lodge situated on the remote Nxaragha Island at the heart of the permanent Okavango Delta, assures an unparalleled year-round water wilderness experience.
- Camp Okavango’s traditional thatch and lethaka (reed) main lodge features a cocktail bar, lounge and wildlife reference library. The dining room leads onto an expansive open-air patio which is perfect for brunch, afternoon tea and tranquil evenings around the fire. Other facilities include a secluded bird-viewing hide and a sundeck with plunge pool for relaxing during the sunny midday hours.To ensure a peaceful and genuine safari experience, Camp Okavango accommodates just 24 guests in intimate East African-style safari tents. Each tent is individually situated on a raised teak platform, features en-suite facilities and enjoys sliding glass doors which open on to a private open air viewing deck.Those seeking the ultimate in exclusivity will love the Okavango Suite, a spacious thatched cottage which offers complete privacy and unadulterated luxury – perfect for honeymooners.
- Your stay at Camp Okavango is inclusive of accommodation, all meals, local brand drinks, scheduled game-viewing (which includes land and water activities), park entrance fees and our complimentary laundry service.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Children:Regretfully, the camp is unable to accept children under the age of six. Families with children aged 6-11 will be required to book private activities at an additional cost, the nature of which may be subject to the discretion of the managers or guides. Children aged 12-15 must share accommodation with a parent. No childcare or babysitting service is provided at any of our properties and children remain the responsibility of their parents at all times.
- Guest safety:The lodge is not fenced off and we request guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Currency:Botswana Pula/ US Dollars.
- Water-based game-viewing activities are conducted by experienced professional guides who will expertly navigate guests through the many meandering, reed-lined waterways. Roam the vast expanses of water from the comfort of a modern motorboat or explore the intricacies of the Okavango Delta the old fashioned way, in the traditional contours of the Mokoro (canoe).
- For those looking to get a little closer to nature, guided bush walks are conducted on a number of the nearby islands, offering an opportunity to track some of the larger land-based species that inhabit this water wilderness. Bird-watching opportunities are outstanding, and fishing for bream and tiger fish is also offered as an activity.
Where it is.
|South African Airways 8300
||Desert & Delta Airstrip
Flight Arrangements Flight arrangements are service free and done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. The above Airlines, destinations and times are general and therefore change constantly. Charter flight companies into various destinations differ depending on the destination, please enquire with our reservations office regarding updated flight schedules and the charter companies we work with in those areas..
We stayed at Camp O for 3 nights. The accommodation and food were excellent but what made the stay the most memorable were the people. The guides and all of the staff were lovely. They answered our myriad questions about the animals, the Delta and about their lives as well.