About the Camp
Camp Moremi is situated on the beautiful Xakanaxa Lagoon on the eastern edge of the permanent Okavango Delta, within the Moremi Wildlife Reserve. Here, where the life-giving waters of the Okavango meet up with the vast Kalahari, ancient Mopane forests, open grassland, seasonal floodplains and riverine habitats have formed, creating one of the most magnificent and welcoming animal sanctuaries in all of Africa.
Shaded by giant ebony trees, the magnificent Moremi tree lodge is an elegant elevated thatch and timber structure, consisting of a main lounge, wildlife reference library, dining room and cocktail bar.
- Accommodation at Camp Moremi is in 11 East African styled tents with private hot showers and flushing toilets. Camp Moremi accommodates only 22 safari guests in beautifully furnished East African style safari tents with private facilities..
- Each tent is exquisitely furnished with a Rhodesian Teak wardrobe, luggage rack, dressing table, bedside pedestals and traditional directors chairs; colourful woven rugs, designer linen and matching interior blinds complete your African hideaway. ‘His and hers’ towel robes as well as tea and coffee making facilities are also provided to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Each guest unit has its own private bathroom situated adjacent to the tent and located on the raised platform..
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Children:Children over the age of 6 years are welcome. Families with children aged 6-11 will be required to book private activities at an additional cost, the nature of which may be subject to the discretion of the managers or guides.Should a family consist of two or more children, parents will need to split up and share with children in separate tents.There are no family units available therefore one child under the age of 12 years can share with 2 adults (and a separate camper bed will be placed in the tent).
- Guest safety:The lodge is not fenced off and we request guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Currency:Botswana Pula/ US Dollars.
- Game Drives with open safari Land Cruisers
- Motorised boating trips
- Exceptional bird watching opportunities.
Where it is.
|South African Airways 8300
Flight Arrangements Flight arrangements are service free and done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. Charter flight companies into various destinations differ depending on the destination, please enquire with our reservations office regarding updated flight schedules and the charter companies we work with in those areas.
It is always interesting to here feedback from our clients and staff that have been to Savute, the one thing that always seems to stand out, is the spectacular Zebra Migrations.