About the Lodge
&Beyond Mnemba Island is an award-winning barefoot beach paradise just off the northeast coast of Zanzibar. Be among just 20 guests at this romantic, private hideaway, where ten beachside bandas overlook the Mnemba atoll (a scuba diver’s delight).
From snorkelling, swimming and kayaking, to massages on the beach, to doing nothing at all, Mnemba has something for everyone.If you have ever harboured the secret wish of finding yourself the sole inhabitant of a beautiful tropical island, but without the effort of having to lift a finger to fend for yourself, &Beyond Mnemba Island Lodge is just the place for you! Discover sheer, unpretentious paradise on this private island, where the simple pleasures become your most treasured of memories for many years to come. Relax and unwind in the exclusivity of your own stretch of beachfront, where simple yet luxurious bandas peep out onto unblemished sands from the dappled shade of the casuarina pine forest.
- 10 bandas, 20 guests 10 beachside bandas, Overhead fans, PADI dive school, Beach Shop, Family banda.
- Set on a private island off the north eastern tip of Zanzibar, &Beyond Mnemba offers guests the perfect destination to get away from it all. With just ten palm-frond guest bandas on the entire island, the only intrusion may be a visit from a curious suni antelope or two at sundown. The balmy blue waters invite you to explore the surrounding Indian Ocean. With a dive school and two dive boats for just 20 guests, you will never feel crowded during your underwater adventure.
- Sea breezes waft through high palm-frond roofs and large windows in your beachside banda. Overhead fans in a spacious bedroom filled with soft, natural fabrics and traditional woodcarvings cool down the warm tropical nights. Enjoy ocean views stretched out on the built-in barazas (Swahili word for ‘meeting place’) on your veranda. A shady corridor of woven palm leaves leads to a large shuttered bathroom where a massive stone shower awaits behind a glass beaded curtain. Open thatched dining and sitting areas provide the perfect place to watch the sun set. Deep pillows and low wooden tables open up onto majestic views of the white beach. Enjoy lunch served on large, wooden carved platters, while island crabs scuttle across the sand. Later, when the magnificent African sky lights up with stars, dinner is served on the beach, with the bright moonlight reflecting off the waves as they gently lap on the beach./li>
- Private island getaway, Barefoot luxury.
- PADI dive school, Variety of dive sites and easy availability of boats.
- Ideal for swimming and snorkelling, Beautiful beach walks.
- Ideal for romance and relaxation.
- House reef can be reached without a boat.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Children:the lodge can accommodate a maximum of two children under 12 at any
- Guest safety:The lodge is fenced off but we request guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Currency:Tanzanian shilling.
- Scuba diving.
- Deep sea fishing.
Where it is.
Flight arrangements are done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. We do not charge a service fee for flight arrangements. Please consult our reservations for more information.
My wife and I wanted to finish our honeymoon on a high and Mnemba delivered in a BIG way.