About the Lodge
The only permanent luxury lodge in Lake Manyara National Park, this lodge is renowned for its romantic stilted tree house suites that are shaded by a mahogany forest. After an exhilarating game drive, guests stop for sundowners on the lakeshore below the Great Rift Valley wall.
Most people think that the famous tree-climbing lions at Lake Manyara have developed their climbing habit to get away from annoying insects. At &Beyond, we have our own theory – they’re jealous of our magnificent treehouse suites at &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge! Cradled in the boughs of an ancient mahogany forest, the lodge blends into the natural beauty of its breathtaking surroundings.Most people think that the famous tree-climbing lions at Lake Manyara have developed their climbing habit to get away from annoying insects. At &Beyond, we have our own theory – they’re jealous of our magnificent treehouse suites at &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge!
- Hidden away high in the trees in a secluded corner of the national park, Lake Manyara Tree Lodge offers a sophisticated blend of natural indulgence and romance. Nestled in dense forest between the lakeshore and the steep Rift Valley escarpment, the lodge is perfectly positioned to explore the park’s wealth of habitats. Set in the remote southern region of the park, you would be surprised to see another vehicle on your game drive.
- Each suite is a lofty tree house with private veranda and large windows that open up to the lush forest, welcoming in the sights and sounds of the African bush. Woodchip paths and natural branch railings blur the edges between the natural and the manmade, while wooden interiors and thatched roofs invite the surrounding forest indoors. Spacious bedrooms and sitting rooms float in a sea of green, opening up onto a leafy canopy. Even a soak in the large, free-standing tub offers a panoramic view, with an open air shower behind a simple bamboo screen.
- The lodge pool beckons like a cool oasis in an ocean of shady green. Generous decks suspended above the forest floor open up to a wooded embrace. Split level sitting and dining rooms combine with high thatched ceilings to create a sense of space, while warm wood interiors and understated sofas carve out cosy corners. Tantalising aromas drift from the open, interactive kitchen, luring guests to watch as simple but delicious meals are prepared. The theatre of the open kitchen is translated into the drama of the dining boma, encircled by a tall fence of gnarled wood.
- Romantic treehouse suites.
- Situated in a remote and secluded area of the park.
- Spectacular Rift Valley scenery and dramatic escarpment views.
- Incredible variety of habitats and wildlife.
- Soda lake with pink flamingos.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Guest safety:The lodge is not fenced off and we request guests to be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Currency:Tanzanian Shillings.
Flight arrangements are service free and done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. Charter flight companies into various destinations differ depending on the destination, please enquire with our reservations office regarding updated flight schedules and the charter companies we work with in those areas.
We spent a night at the tree lodge as part of our honeymoon safari. We received a very warm welcome and were treated like royalty throughout our stay.
The accomodation was luxurious and unique.