About the Lodge
Set in a blue-pine forest close to the capital of Thimphu, Amankora Thimphu consists of tall, whitewashed stone buildings accessed through an enclosed entrance court.
- A quiet retreat with dzong-inspired architecture, it is set in a steep valley surrounded by richly forested mountains dotted with ancient monasteries and temples. The living and dining areas feature soaring ceilings and an outdoor dining deck with views of the nearby stream and surrounding forest. Two buildings house a total of 16 suites with wooden panelling and chocolate brown walls. A traditional bukhari wood-burning stove glows with warmth between each bedroom and bathroom.
- In the spacious bathroom a terrazzo-clad bath enjoys views of spectacular landscape. Guests can browse through a selection of books on Bhutan and the Himalayas in the spacious library of shop for a fine collection of Bhutanese textiles, Himalayan art and jewellery in the boutique. A scenic hike through the surrounding landscape takes guests to Cheri Goemba, Bhutan’s first monastery. The spa offers pure indulgence with royal Bhutanese treatments using a variety of local herbs.
- Best time to travel:All year round.
- Guest safety:Even though the Lodge is cordoned off, we request that our guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Languages: Dzonkha.
- Currency:Indian rupee/ US Dollars.
Flight Arrangements Flight arrangements are service free and done on request unless stipulated on the package as an inclusive offer. Charter flight companies into various destinations differ depending on the destination, please enquire with our reservations office regarding updated flight schedules and the charter companies we work with in those areas.
Bhutan offers warm days and cool nights all year round. October and November are arguably the best months